❗New Official Passport Requirement

Beginning October 1, 2021, official travel must be conducted with a Special Issuance Passport (commonly referred to as “official passports”) to South Korea, Japan and Germany. 

DoD Civilians and eligible Family Members on official travel must have either a Special Issuance Passport (SIP) or, as a temporary measure, a memorandum from a DoD Passport Agent stating the SIP application was submitted, prior to departure from the point of origin. The memorandum must identify each applicant, date of submission, country of travel for PCS/TDY/TAD and DoD VPAS ID. For a limited time, boarding a flight while on official travel status with a regular (blue tourist) passport is permissible ONLY with such a memo, which is to be presented to boarding officials, upon request. NOTE: This temporary exception, i.e., allowing official travel on a regular passport with memorandum (in lieu of a SIP), will expire September 30, 2021. 

For info on how to apply for a Special Issuance Passport, visit https://home.army.mil/humphreys/index.php/about/Garrison/logistics-readiness-center/passportvisa.

For additional information on this topic, please contact the Transportation Division

Transportation Division contact information:

Phone: (DSN) 315-757-2460 / 755-1133, (Commercial) +82 050-3357-2460/050-3355-1133

Email: usarmy.humphreys.403-afsb-lrc.mbx.passport@mail.mil


Maude Hall, Bld. 6400, Rm O-201

Camp Humphreys, Korea 96271

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 9:00 - 11:30 a.m., 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.